Here are some suggestions and well-tested tip to become a successful freelancer.
Always use a contract before you start any Project.
- Trust yourself, who you are?
- Do not sell yourself cheap (Do not desperate for a low price)
- Do not like to be bigger while you start finding the project.
- Start with a template as long as your skills got improved
- Just focus on your running project and do not waste your lots of time and energies by finding new projects.
- For the time being make a general, short and basic agreement that covers some important terms that you both need to agree. (I mean you and your client.) But don’t waste your important in details of contracts.
Your contract should be like that
- Keep in mind that your work should be original, not plagiarized
- Do not share your client’s information with others.
- All about your payment terms.
- Once your work is accepted by your client that’s mean he also has the responsibility for any further processes like printing and putting the logo etc.
- Your client always has the right to terminate the services, what that requires for you both.
The biggest problem about freelancing is not to get paid on time, to avoid this issue follow the steps l below when starts a new project. I hope this will help you more.
- Make good Communication with your employer to convince him.
- As a guarantee of 100% work payment you must ask for a down payment, and if your client hesitates for down payment or having an issue with this, that’s mean your client raise a “RED FLAG” or your client has no experience of freelance workplace services and he never contracted any project before but still it raises your payment protection.
- You have to explain this issue about the arrangement of project protection “Down Payment” and without this, you have nothing to move forward. If your client refuses this, move forward he/she is not the only person or project you should work for.
Break all the Barriers and do not be scared to say “NO”.
- Break all the barriers of FEAR, Disappointments, and hopelessness.
- I know this is a hard job to say NO but keep trying and don’t disappoint your client, so you can offer to help him another way.
- Never pressurize yourself for picking a new project if you think you cannot deliver the project on time because of working load or tiered with long hours work. By doing this you will feel comfortable.
- Before, you pick a project always check your skill-set regarding the new project
Focus on freelance work.
Focus on your brand uniqueness and the type of project you works on, by doing this you will be much easier and relaxed to pick-up a project.
- For successful freelancing, you have to work hard to deliver your work
- Only choose the skills in which you are interested and that you can translate to your client
- Do not stress yourself to choose such skills that go against your nature.
- Improve your skills by focusing on one or maximum two specialize skills.
- Focus on your running project work and run away from all other destruction like finding a new project and social media activates.
- Always use specific “keyword” and “Phrases” in your portfolio which are well-known as a freelance market workplace to prove your expertise.
- Do not compromise on your running project so if you are involved in any social media activates leave them for a period.
- Always work in destruction free environment.
Showcase your work on portfolio
Make your portfolio like a “business portfolio” rather than a “school portfolio”.
- Do not showcase or fill your portfolio work like, which you designed in sort of skill for test purpose.
- Represent your specialize work on your portfolio.
- Only show that work, which your portfolio deserves to regard your skill-set.
- Always show a pretty smiley picture on your profile.
- It is not necessary to show your running project works you Portfolio.
Be Friendly and transparent with your Clients
Proud on yourself buddy! And show what you are, so do not hesitate and hide behind a face because after all, you are a businessman and your business your identity Show yourself what you are and put your work and brand
- If any client showed interest in your work, always be transparent and friendly during the conversation.
- Let your client what if you are a part-time freelancer, otherwise, you will be the trap in a situation of expectations which will produce conflicts between you and your client.
- After showing interest in their business, break-down what they want and what you can do.
- You could be more successful by writing about yourself, even if you are not a good writer. This will help you to introduce yourself to your clients.
- It’s very important that your client knows everything about you that how you can work. By showing your dedications and hard work you will be more successful to have a business project.
Calculations (income, taxes, and savings)
- As a business owner, you should have all the information and calculation, about your earnings, taxes, and saving.
- You are working and earning from your home that never sounds like, “you are not a business owner”.
- Another importing thing is your time, the total time you spent on a specific project.
- Always check the link conversation and site traffic, then focus on those areas from where you are getting more response and revenue.
- Define a to-do list of your small tasks which you can easily complete at the end of the day.
- Revenue, taxes, and savings
Income, taxes, and saving.
As a successful freelancer, it’s important to separate your income, income tax, and savings.
- Make a clear guideline and define a percentage which you can better use for your income taxes and savings.
- Always define a big percentage for taxes so you can save some extra amount.
- With having all of the above tips you need to “stay healthy” so if you continuously work hard you can face some health issues. In that way, you need to be relaxed and to reserve some time for your physical exercise, for your family and most especially for your mental health. Work-life balance should be your top polarity.
If you like this article please leave a message this will help to write better for you in the future.
Thanks for reading.